2016 Week long horseback adventure in the Tuscan countryside
Week long horseback adventures are our specialty.These rides run from April to mid July, then from September through to November.
Our Medieval Tuscany package is designed for intermediate to experienced horse riders, happy to spend between 4-6 hours in the saddle daily. The riding is not always at a fast pace (although at times it may be), but contains some challenges not suitable for novice or nervous riders such as very challenging terrain, sensitive horses, and wildlife that may require a quick retreat.
Castellare di Tonda is situated in the middle of a network of ancient trails used for centuries by travelling merchants and soldiers. Sections of cobbled road date back to the Romans, and link old castles and fortressed villages such as Castelfalfi, Montaione and Ghizzano together. We ride through a large section of protected forests rich in wildlife and prehistoric rock formations. It is not uncommon to come across wild game on our rides, and our horses are trained for this eventuality. Wolves, wild boar, deer, porcupines and badgers frequent these woods, adding an extra element of excitement for the intrepid horse rider.
Our days riding venture into areas where the traditional rural lifestyle of cultivating and harvesting grapes, olives, truffle and mushrooms continues even today. Travelling by horseback brings you in close interaction with your surroundings, and these parts of Tuscany never see the mass tourism of tourist coaches. Riding in small groups with experienced guides mean our riders are able to experience the beauty of Tuscany in a relaxed manner ‘off the beaten track’.
The Medieval Tuscany riding package costs €885 per person
- 5 days horse riding on our beautiful horses with experienced English speaking guide. Three of these days have a luxury Tuscan picnic and wine included, and two days we return to the farm for a relaxing siesta between morning and afternoon rides. On these days you can buy light lunches at our cafe/bar.
- At the start of the week you will have a 30 minute western riding lesson in our indoor arena, to evaluate the level of the rider, and make sure the horse is a good match before we set out.
- Two cleaning services during the week with fresh towels/linen changes
- Half a bottle of wine each night with dinner
- 7 wonderful buffet breakfasts at the restaurant
- 7 full course dinners at the restaurant
- NB accommodation is not included. Contact us for a quote on a single, double or triple share option.
More infomation at our blog https://ctquarterhorses.wordpress.com/2016-horse-riding-holiday-packages-and-datesgoogle28b046909961c093-html/